Ms. Bauer’s Class
Hello Students and Families of 401,
Happy October! Welcome to another month of 4th Grade! We are having a great time in 4th grade so far this year, learning all kinds of things ranging from brushing up on some skills from the past to learning new information on World Mountains, studying novel books, and learning new strategies in math class. Please continue to check our classroom website weekly as we are continuously posting new information to keep you (and your child) up to date on what is going on in our class.
If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please feel free to send me an email!
God bless, Miss Christine Bauer
Hello 4th Grade families! My name is Miss Christine Bauer and I’m so excited to begin this new adventure with you at Epiphany Catholic School! I’m 27 years old and this will be my 5th year of teaching.. I began my teaching career in a 2nd grade classroom and then taught 1st Grade for the past three years. I’ve recently moved to Minnesota from the state of Delaware which has been a huge adjustment, but I’m loving being here with everyone! Going into this school year comes such joy knowing that I get to share in your child’s 4th grade year with them! We have lots of fun things planned and I can’t wait to begin!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Miss Christine Bauer
Week of October 16th – 17th, 2017
** No school 10/18-10/20 **
- Religion: We are wrapping up our Chapter 4 lesson and then will be taking a Unit Test. The entire school will be attending Mass on Tuesday morning, October 17th.
- Assignments: On Monday, October 16th, students will be given a Chapter 4 Quiz as well as a Unit Test
- Reading/Language Arts: We are completing the reading of and study of A Cricket in Times Square. We will be working on a flip book activity to review all that we have learned from our book.
- Assignments; Reading Test for this week will be on Tuesday, Oct 17th.
- Spelling: We are learning how to spell vocabulary words from our novel study book, Cricket in Times Square. Students will be bringing home “Get to 50!” Spelling activity homework to assist in Spelling word practice. The spelling test will be this Tuesday, Oct. 17th. You can check out http://www.spellingcity.com/users/spaige for practice!
- Math: We are continuing our chapter (Chapter 3) learning more about addition and subtraction strategies. Keep in mind that your child can practice their math skills (not only addition and subtraction!) through their IXL account. Your child’s log in information should be in their agenda book.
- Assignments: Keep tabs with your child as to what homework they will have each night. This will vary depending on what they were able to complete in class. Anything incomplete may be assigned as homework.
- Science: We are focusing on Geography. A new unit will begin soon!
- History/Geography: We are wrapping up our learning about the Mountains of the World. We will have a Chapter 1-4 Vocab quiz AND Unit Test on Monday, 10/16. Your child will be coming home on Friday with all the tools they will need to study over the weekend. They will have a Study Guide, a “Cool Facts About Mountains” chart, a world map with the mountains labeled, and a list of the unit’s vocabulary by chapter. Students should review this over the weekend (with the help of an adult if needed!) in order to be prepared for their test on Monday. Next, we are looking forward to studying the states of our country! Each of the students will be able to pick a state to research and learn more about! Stay tuned for more information. 🙂
Please watch for a class schedule to follow at the beginning of school.
St. Mary Magdalene