Hi Families of 402,
We will be meeting for Fall conferences on October 17th. I look forward to meeting with you all! The students do not have school on Wednesday, October 18- Friday, October 20th.
Thank you for your support! God Bless.
Sign up to receive an email when teachers update their classroom page
Religion: We are finishing chapter 4. We will have a quiz on Monday, October 16th. We also will have a Unit 1-4 test on Tuesday, October 17th. The students should be studying and reviewing for these tests.
Reading/Language Arts: We are venturing into our next novel study, A Cricket in Times Square. We are practicing and reviewing story comprehension skills, cause and effect, main ideas, and new vocabulary.
- Assignments; Keep tabs with your child as to what homework assignments they have for Reading this week. This will vary depending on what they were able to complete in class. Students will also be asked on different nights of the week to complete “Get to 50!” Spelling activities as well as researching new vocabulary word definitions. Keep tabs with your child on when these will be due! Reading Test for this week will be Tuesday, Oct 17th.
- Spelling: We are learning how to spell vocabulary words from our novel study book, Cricket in Times Square. Students will be bringing home “Get to 50!” Spelling activity homework to assist in Spelling word practice. The spelling test will be on Tuesday, Oct. 17th. You can check out https://www.spellingcity.com/users/spaige for practice!
- Math: We will continue with Chapter 3 learning more about addition and subtraction strategies. Also, be sure to ask your child about their IXL account! We had a lot of fun practicing our math facts and skills through this awesome website! Your child’s log in information should be in their assignment notebook.
- Assignments: Keep tabs with your child as to what homework they will have each night. This will vary depending on what they were able to complete in class.
- Science: We are focusing on Geography. A new unit will begin soon!
- History/Geography: We are learning about the States and Capitals. Students are learning the regions of the United States and will have a WEST region State/Capital test on Thursday, October 26th. We will continue with a new test on States/Capitals for the next few weeks. West Region: October 26th, Southwest: November 2nd, Midwest: November 9th, Southeast Region: November 16th, Northeast Region: November 30th. The students will also be choosing their state for the state report on Tuesday. They should think of 3 states that they might want to research further by Tuesday. They can start looking for books about their state over MEA break!
Specials for the Week:
Room 402 St Elizabeth Ann Seton firstname.lastname@example.org