If your child is ill, please be sure to call the Attendance Line at 763.862.4322 or email email@example.com
When should your child stay home?
Many students and parents are frequently concerned about when students should stay home from school or when students should return after an illness. The following information will help with the decision:
1. If a student has a fever of 100 degrees or more, the student should stay home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal.
2. If a student has vomited or had diarrhea, the student should stay home until 24 hours after the last episode.
3. If a student has had any rash that may be disease-related or the cause is unknown, check with the family physician before sending the student to school.
The policies of Health Services include:
1. Students who become ill during school hours are sent to the health para-professional’s office. Parents or guardians are notified when a child needs to leave school or may require medical attention.
2. Annually, parents complete emergency information for each student enrolled at Epiphany. Yellow Emergency Information forms were sent home with your Open House packet in August. Parents need to complete the form and return to the school office.This form provides us with information such as health concerns and emergency contact information.
3. Epiphany complies with MN statute regarding immunization. Immunization records are due when school begins.
4. The Anoka-Hennepin School District, as well as Epiphany School, have specific policies regarding the use of over the counter and prescription medication.
Health Service Forms can be located under the Current Parents/School Resource forms.
Epiphany Catholic School has counseling services available:
Wendy Schaller, M.S–School Counselor
Office Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 8am-3:30pm
Phone: 763-754-1750 x376
Dr. Steve Kahn—School Psychologist
These services are provided free of charge for Epiphany families. We welcome your calls and questions. Typical requests for our services fall under the following categories:
Individual Counseling – we are able to meet with any student for any reason such as social, academic or personal needs.Group Guidance and Groups—we provide classroom lessons on various topics and can offer groups focusing on friendship, family change, social skills, and academic skills.
Educational Testing—we will usually provide testing directly. If there is a need for something outside of our areas of expertise, we can help with referrals.